Doctor insights on:
Not uncommon: Spontaneous lactation is not uncommon and usually not serious. Changes in hormone levels can trigger it. Lactation can be restarted by breast stimulation. Blood tests checking hormone levels such as thyroid and prolactin may help find a cause. Rarely tumors (usually not cancerous) may be a cause. Finally, some medications, (especially psychiatric) can cause lactation. Check with your doctor. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Breast milk: Possible causes for galactorrhea include but are not limited to use of birth control pills, tricyclic antidepressants, antipsychotic meds, some sedatives, fennel, anise, fenugreek, some hypertension meds, cocaine, opioids, hypothyroidism, prolactinoma, renal dz, testosterone deficiency in men ; significant breast stimulation. ...Read more
I had my son 8 months ago, I bottle fed instead of breast fed, is it normal to lactate out of the blue?
Lactation can : Continue for 1 year after you stop lactating. If it is more than 1 year, you will need lab test and examination. It is usually benign ...Read more
I am still lactating after having my daughter I never even breast fed her how do I get it to stop?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What kind of estrogen supplements make your butt and boobs bigger?
- Can a womans breast lactate without being pregnant?
- Can a woman lactate when not pregnant?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does it mean when you lactate and not pregnant?
- How to start lactating without being pregnant?
- I have small boobs but huge nipples why
- Do women lactate when not pregnant?
- Talk to a obstetrician and gynecologist online