Doctor insights on:
Lactaid Milk Breastfeeding
Breastfeeding is providing nutrition to an infant using breat milk either directly by infant latching and sucking on the nipple or by feeding via bottle with expressed breast milk (when baby has difficulty suckling). Breast milk is the best milk for any baby but ...Read more
Baby is on formula and im breastfeeding also .ive started exercising my milk seems to be less what can i please help.
Increased lacation: You can increase your milk supply by nursing or pumping more frequently, staying well hydrated and rested, and by supplementing your diet with the herb fenugreek. Occassionally, doctors will prescribe Reglan, which in some people will stimulate or enhance lactation. Review the possible side effects of this drug first to make sure the benefit is worth the risk. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Chill out!: Milk production is supply and demand, so the less demand you put on it, the less you will make. Just like when you started it took a couple of days to come in, it's going to take a couple of days to ease away. Decreasing the blood flow with cold packs, cold towels, tight bras or even tight ace banage wraps will all help, but you also have to give it some time. Take pain med if it helps. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes: Your milk supply is dependent upon the frequency of nursing, and complete emptying of the breasts. I advise my breastfeeding moms to nurse every 1 1/2 -2 hours for 5-10 minutes to increase their supply. It usually increases within 24 hr. Be sure to drink plenty of fluids-don't wait until you're thirsty. Don't delay in consulting your doctor or a lactation consultant. Time is of the essence. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is milk of magnesia safe while breastfeeding?
- Years after breastfeeding still able to squeeze milk
- Is whole milk vs lactaid milk better for babies?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Breast milk in non pregnant non breastfeeding woman
- Difference between breastfeeding jaundice and breast milk jaundice
- Baby vomits while breastfeeding then milk comes out from nose
- What type of milk should breastfeeding mothers drink?
- Talk to a pediatrician online