Doctor insights on:
L Tyrosine How Much To Take For Thyroid
If I have depression and I have no thyroid problems, I can take the amino acid L-tyrosine to burn fat and have a better mood?
No: No. Sorry. L-tyrosine, the amino acid the thyroid clans uses to make thyroid hormone, is not in limiting supply. If your thyroid needs "healing", I'm guessing you mean you're hypothyroid. No treatment we have in medicine will heal hypothyroidism. We treat hypothyroidism with thyroid hormone replacement...cheap, easy, & perfect! To your health! ...Read more
With hypothyroidism, does l-tyrosine raise or lower thyroid levels if your at a stable level?(on synthroid) I want to use it for mood support.Thanks
Yes: Yes, it is o.K if you have any medical conditions check with your physician. ...Read more
How much time does it take L-Tyrosine to begin to have an effect taking it everyday? Does it takes a while like an antidepressant?
Depends: It needs to be absorbed. It needs to be converted by Tyrosine Hydorxylase to L-Dopa. If you have iron deficiency the enzyme Tyrosine Hydroxylase may not work (iron is a co-factor for this enzyme) This is how Iron deficiency leads to Restless Leg Syndrome (Its called Ekbom Syndrome if due to iron deficiency) Another couple of enzymes have to come into play to produce nor-epinephrine and / or 5HT. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How much l tyrosine should i take for thyroid safely a day?
- How much l tyrosine should i take?
- How much l tyrosine should i take for hypothyroidism?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- L tyrosine for thyroid disease
- L tyrosine for an overactive thyroid
- Can i take armour thyroid l tyrosine together?
- Can you take l tyrosine and armor thyroid medicine?
- Talk to a clinical geneticist online for free