Doctor insights on:
Almonds, peanuts: Nuts are high in fat, which in part explains why they taste so good. Almonds have a lower amount than most, but not much lower. Peanuts are very much lower but they in fact are a legume and not a true nut. It is best, from a fat standpoint, to treat all nuts as equivalent in fat. ...Read more
Can you explain? I love nuts and often eat a very small portion in the evening is this good or bad for me?
Almonds are my #1: The usda allows a posted claim on 6 nuts: "scientific evidence suggests that eating 1.5 ounces per day of peanuts and certain tree nuts: almonds, hazelnuts, pecans, pistachios and walnuts, as part of a diet low in saturated fat and cholesterol, may reduce the risk of heart disease." to compensate for their calories, these nuts should be eaten instead instead of cookies, chips and other snacks. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can eating nuts cause constipation?
- Can you eat nuts on the hcg diet?
- Do nuts cause gas?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Almond nuts cause kidney stones
- Stomach ache after eating nuts
- Can pistachio nuts cause diarrhea?
- Does eating nuts cause acne?
- Abdominal pain after eating nuts