Doctor insights on:
Knee Popping After Meniscus Surgery
My knees popping after ACL and meniscus surgery. It doesn't hurt but sometimes i loose balance. Did I have a re tear?
I had surgery on my knee for my meniscus about a year ago it will be a year in October but for the pass week in a half I have be having pain in my knee and a popping feeling?
No: Painful popping is concerning and needs a repeat evaluation by your surgeon. Non painful popping or crepitus is normal phenomena and is not concerning at all. ...Read more
Yes: This is common after this type of surgery. Popping that causes no pain is benign and can be ignored. Sometimes "popping" originating at the knee cap is due to muscle atrophy and improper tracking...This will get better with physical therapy. If you have concerns contact your surgeon. ...Read more
Post surgery healing: It has been said that it takes almost a full year or more for your body to fully heal after a surgery. 1 wk post surgery swelling is normal. Watch a video demonstration some time on a meniscus surgery. Lots of manipulation, insertion, removal, suction, etc is done throughout the surgery; eventhough the finished product looks nice, neat and clean, recovery is still going on below the stitches. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
My husband has multiple meniscus tears in his knee how long will he be off work after surgery since there is more than one?
Meniscus: Multiple tears vs single tear should not impact recovery time. If tears are trimmed/cleaned up, recovery is very rapid since bad tissue is removed and nothing has to mend. Not uncommon to be back to work within a few days (depending on type of work). Rarely at your age, tears need repair/stitching. In that case recovery much longer as the meniscus needs to heal. Can take 6 weeks or more. ...Read more
Why can't I flex my knee I had meniscus repair after 3 weeks of surgery? when will I be able to gain flexibility?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Popping in knee after meniscus surgery
- How long will a knee be swollen after acl and meniscus surgery typically?
- Knee still hurts after meniscus surgery
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- When can i go back to work after arthroscopic knee surgery meniscus tear
- Knee clicking after meniscus surgery
- Knee swelling after meniscus surgery
- What is the popping i hear after knee replacement surgery?
- Talk to a orthopedic reconstructive surgeon online for free