Doctor insights on:
Kind Of Ovarian Cyst Dermoid
How to know what kind of ovarian cyst i have? Dermoid or endometrioma? I am looking for other option aside from laparascopic surgery
If you have either: One of those and it is 7.5 cm you need surgery to remove it sometimes some of the ovary can be saved , sometimes not. ...Read more
A cyst is a structure or mass that consists of a cellular lined sac. It is typically filled with fluid but may be filled with solid material. It can be congenital, traumatic, or acquired. They may develop nearly anywhere in the body and usually require complete excision for eradication or they are likely to recur. Fluid filled sacs that are not cellular lined ...Read more
Pain, adhesions.: A dermoid cyst is full of a oil like substance and often hair and other debris that can cause a lot of internal irritation/inflammation. This can lead to something called adhesions, where the internal organs stick together. All of this will cause immediate pain. If the rupture is during surgery, and rapid suction/cleanup is performed, the results are usually very good. ...Read more
No: Functional cysts such as follicles are intended to rupture (that's ovulation, ) many abnormal cysts (endometriomas, benign tumors, dermoid cysts) will not go away unless removed. SO if it's a dermoid it will stay and keep growing; conversely if it DOES go away on its own it wasn't dermoid. Good wishes. ...Read more
Is it possible to have recurrent dermoid ovarian cysts? Had one removed in 2013 and have similar pain, what will happen if I keep getting them?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What kind of ovarian cyst can cause vaginal bleeding?
- Likelihood of dermoid ovarian cyst coming back
- How many different kinds of ovarian cysts are there?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Symptoms of ovarian dermoid cyst
- What kind of ovarian cysts show up on a ct scan?
- Management of bilateral ovarian dermoid cyst
- Causes of ovarian dermoid cyst
- Talk to a dermatologist online