Doctor insights on:
Kids Watching Too Much Tv
See below: They watch too much tv and play too many video games in general. ...Read more
S.A.D. Starting already! I TRY stay active in my home but do sit a lot & take breaks watch TV, go nowhere. HOW I FIX this! I'm Miss out on kids/life?
Psychologist.: Depression in the context of seasonal affective disorder is terrible. Hurts both emotionally and physically. Counseling with a psychologist would be your best bet to find a lasting remedy. Medications can help in the short term, but are not an appropriate replacement for counseling. Good luck. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Play outside: Your child should always be encouraged to play outside. ...Read more
Many do, some don't: Many children with autism love to watch tv, videos, and the like, and many become obsessed with specific shows or movies, some even memorizing dialogue and repeating it over and over. I recommend no more than 2 hours per day of screen time, which includes, tv, videos, video games, computer use, and smart phone use. It's best to encourage kids to interact with real people, not people on a screen. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Evidence?: Please take them to a park, nature walk, museum or golfing to show them how many other things you are doing.You are doing these other things aren't you? ...Read more
Absolutely: More then 2 hours of screen time computer games, text, tv, etc during school year is detrimental. Sports are the best way to go for healthy mind and body, gets kids to build cardiovascular and muscle tone at crucial ages. If not into sports walk, run, bottom line is move ur body. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does watching tv cause kids grades to drop?
- How much tv should the average child watch per day?
- Can too much tv cause eyestrain?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What to do if you inhale too much bleach?
- Side effects of drinking too much lemon with water
- Can you get diarrhea by drinking too much water?
- What to do when you inhale too much bleach from cleaning?
- Talk to a pediatrician online