Doctor insights on:
The kidneys are paired organs that lie on either side of the vertebral column. Part of their critical functions include the excretion of urine and removal of nitrogenous wastes products from the blood. They regulate acid-base, electrolyte, fluid balance and blood pressure. Through hormonal signals, the kidneys control the ...Read more
7 mos old had fever 104, WBC 25000, normal urinalysis but positive urine culture. Is this likely a kidney infection? Did this cause kidney scarring?
Maybe: The pediatrician seeing this 7 m.O. Baby knows best. Depending on the organism cultured and the manner in which the culture was obtained, this may be pyelonephritis, but could also be systemic infection with bacteria in the blood creating urinary tract infection secondarily. The nature of the organism, duration of the infection and the manner in which it was treated will determine damages. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Can the kidney scarring that comes with fsgs be lazered? And would this help the disease if the scarring is reduced?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Best kidney scarring treatment
- What does it mean when kidney scarring?
- Cysts stone and cortical thinning and scarring of the kidney
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Kidney surgery scar
- Treatment for kidney scarring
- Cortical scarring kidney
- What causes kidney scarring?
- Talk to a nephrologist online for free