Doctor insights on:
Kidney Infections In Women Who Are Breastfeeding
The kidneys are paired organs that lie on either side of the vertebral column. Part of their critical functions include the excretion of urine and removal of nitrogenous wastes products from the blood. They regulate acid-base, electrolyte, fluid balance and blood pressure. Through hormonal signals, the kidneys control the ...Read more
Kidney Infection:: A kidney infection (pyelonephritis) occurs when bacteria travels through the blood stream or through the urinary tract to cause an infection in the kidneys. Women experience more urinary tract infections that men because the shorter urethra. The symptoms are fever, flank pain, frequency and urgency in urination. Elderly women may not have any symptom with infection or experience delirum. ...Read more
I'm a young female and for the past two years IV gotten a kidney infection at least once every two months. So six times a year &they r bad. Why?
Similar to each: Other no difference.Get a more detailed answer ›
Good question: A urinary tract infection can cause premature labor. It should be treated once diagnosed. However, some of the antibiotic agents can cross the placenta and result in fetal problems as well. So carefully discuss which are the safe antibiotics to use with your obstetrician. ...Read more
Infections are invasions of some other organism (fungus, bacteria, parasite) or viruses into places where they do not belong. For instance, we have normal gut bacteria that live within us without causing problems; however, when those penetrate the bowel wall and enter the bloodstream, ...Read more
Breastfeeding is providing nutrition to an infant using breat milk either directly by infant latching and sucking on the nipple or by feeding via bottle with expressed breast milk (when baby has difficulty suckling). Breast milk is the best milk for any baby but ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the symptoms of a kidney infection in women?
- What are the symptoms of kidney infection in women?
- What are the signs of a kidney infection in women?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is curcumin safe for women who are pregnant or breastfeeding?
- Is bystolic safe for women who are pregnant or breastfeeding?
- Is carboxymethylcellulose safe for women who are pregnant or breastfeeding?
- Is diltiazem safe for women who are pregnant or breastfeeding?
- Talk to a pediatrician online