Doctor insights on:
The kidneys are paired organs that lie on either side of the vertebral column. Part of their critical functions include the excretion of urine and removal of nitrogenous wastes products from the blood. They regulate acid-base, electrolyte, fluid balance and blood pressure. Through hormonal signals, the kidneys control the ...Read more
A pacemaker: If people have symptomatic bradycardia ie dizzy light headedness etc. The may need a pacemaker. If pts heart rates are low around 30 beats per minute or have 3sec pauses or longer and aren't on any thing like beta blockers etc a pacemaker will help keep the heart rate at a programmed rate to prevent symptoms. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Medication: A slow heart rate can be normal in fit individuals at rest. Many medications, notably beta blockers, slow the heart rate. A slow heart rate can also be due to disease of the av node, which conducts impulses from the atria to the ventricles. This can be due to scarring from heart attack or aging, and is seen in some infections such as lyme disease and chagas disease. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Slow heart rate is a symptom in which a person's heart rate (the number of heart contractions per minute) is less than normal for the average person of the same size, doing the same activities. For adults, slow heart rate usually means a rate below 50-60 beats per ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is there a relationship between kidney function and bradycardia?
- Can accutane affect kidney?
- Can tums cause kidney stones?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Kidney stones
- How can i tell if this kidney pain is dehydration or a kidney infection?
- Does kidney stones mess with your bowel movement?
- Kidney stones can cause thigh and leg pain
- Talk to a cardiologist online