Doctor insights on:
Kidney And Leg Pain
The kidneys are paired organs that lie on either side of the vertebral column. Part of their critical functions include the excretion of urine and removal of nitrogenous wastes products from the blood. They regulate acid-base, electrolyte, fluid balance and blood pressure. Through hormonal signals, the kidneys control the ...Read more
I am having an 5mm kidney stone(right side), my right leg is paining much and also some mild pain in my groin also.Can kidney stones cause leg pain?
No: A kidney stone can be very painful, but it should not affect your leg. You probably have something else going on. Check with your primary provider. ...Read more
Previous kidney infection from uti in dec. Possible uti but terrible kidney pain and leg pain that went away over night. Should i be worried?
No: Kidney problems don't tend to cause leg pain. However, while walking you may increase pain indirectly from the stress of moving. Such as someone with flank pain (pain on the side left or right of ones abdomen) from a kidney infection having more side pain from the movement of walking up or down (or jumping). In summery, at rest leg pain is not likely from any kidney issue. ...Read more
Not usually: Howevera kidney stone bloking the uretr, which lies in top of the psoas muscle, especially if ureter is inflammed by infection, can cause muscle irritation & pain in the upper leg. ...Read more
What actually causes whole leg pain during kidney related diseases? Sometimes its the only symptom and its very vague
Electrolyte imbalanc: The only thing i can think of is as above. This would b cn in severe disease usually. ...Read more
Not a usual : Symptom at all.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Kidney stones can cause thigh and leg pain
- What causes leg numbness and pain with kidney disease?
- Could low back pain and leg ache be a symptom of kidney cancer
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Kidney infection and burning leg pain
- Leg pain and kidney infection
- Pain in lower right abdomen and down leg
- Pain and burning sensation behind the knee radating down to calf on right leg
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free