Doctor insights on:
Key To Internal Fertilization
Union of sperm/egg: Fertilization is union of the sperm and egg. At fertilization, many sperm bind to the covering of the egg, the zone pellucida. At the zona, sperm become hyperactive, whipping tails back and forth, and literally drill into the egg. Once one sperm enters the egg, the egg immediately closes access to any other sperm. Egg and sperm dna combine, and cell division begins. ...Read more
"Creative" answer: The salmon(sperm) are deposited in the vagina and "jump the waterfall" through the cervix and uterus to "spawn" in the Fallopian tubes and meet the egg. The female egg, just like a woman, decides which "guy" to let inside the clear space around the egg(zona pellucida) and thus, Viola! mix with her genetic material(chromosomes). Each party in the "connection carries 23 chromosomes to make a baby. ...Read more
Invitro fetilization: Fertilizes the egg outside of the body, then it implanted in the terous. ...Read more
Fertilization: Fertilization of an egg depends on many factors, of which length of sperm travel is just one. However, to maximize the chance of fertilization, the sperm should have the least distance to travel as possible. Thus, depositing sperm at the opening of the cervix would be the most highly beneficial. This, however, is difficult to judge during intercourse. Normal penetration usually does just fine. ...Read more
I've been trying t conceive for almost a year and a half now.. I can't get fertilization medicine, and have tried everyything! what do I do!?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does it typically take to recover from key hole surgery?
- Chance of sperm to fertilize egg
- When does the fertilized egg attach to the uterus
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can internal bleeding lead to a heart attack?
- What is the difference between internal and external fertilization?
- How to heal internal hemorrhoids?
- How to stop internal bleeding?
- Internal hemorrhoids leading to thin stool