Doctor insights on:
I have a kerosene heater that's burning black smoke now my family of five has black boogers are we OK?
Vented?: Black smoke or no black smoke, if you do not have adequate ventilation in your home (especially in modern homes which are well insulated) there is a high risk of carbon monoxide poisoning. If you or anyone in your family are sleepy,, confused or irritable, call 911 or go to an ER. Black smoke means that that the fuiel/air mix is off. See http://www.yourheater.com/express.htm#Heatersmoking ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Exposure to gases: From incomplete combustion. Burning of carbon almost always produces some carbon monoxide in addition to carbon dioxide. Human exposure results form tobacco smoking, automobile exhaust, including any machine using gasoline or diesel. Malfunctioning furnaces and indoor kerosene/coal/wood heaters are a common cause of lethal carbon monoxide poisoning. ...Read more
Safe: Kerosene lamps are safe, as long as you have some ventilation. ...Read more
Variable: Symptoms from scorpion stings can be quite variable: there can be pain or numbness at the bite site. Heart rate and& respiratory rate may increase along with ^ blood pressure, weakness & twitching of muscles. In the United States the scorpion that is likely to cause the most problems is called the bark scorpion. In some areas of the world scorpion stings may be lethal. ...Read more
Variable: Food poisoning may be due to chemicals, biological toxins, and live mico-organisms. The common symptoms are nausea, vomiting diarrhoea but there are many variations. See this site for more info. http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/food-poisoning/understanding-food-poisoning-symptoms. ...Read more
Organophosphate: This causes a build up of acetylcholine due to enzyme inhibition. Symptoms may be mild eg. Gi to severe such as come, respiratory arrest etc... So treatment needs to be done in a hospital. An evlauation needs to be done first. - effects are independent of exposure amount. Atropine and pralidoxime are used for treatment along with supportive care. ...Read more
What's the possibly of getting chemical poisoning from touching a dry apron a chemical splashed on and then eating?
Depends: that depends on the chemical. Read the product label to see what you should do in case of exposure, or call poison control 1-800-222-1222 ...Read more
Progressive disorder: Lead accumulates in tissues like nerve cells, bone etc. It interferes with the metabolic pathways of the body in a gradual and progressive way.At very low levels it may do nothing but if you have increased levels, the source needs to be identified & stopped before you acquire enough to develope brain toxicity, damage or death.Lead can be removed but rx should include eliminating the source. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
It depends.: This depends on how much exposure to lead there was. Damage/effects to kidneys and blood are reversible, but effects on the central nervous system are not. If a person has lead encephalopathy when chelation therapy is started, permanent brain damage, like cerebral palsey is a frequent consequence. Cancer, stroke, heart disease, hypertension, psychiatric effects, and shorter life span also occur. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does throwing up after drinking alcohol mean you have alcohol poisoning?
- Symptoms of blood poisoning from tattoo
- Symptoms of blood poisoning from tooth
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Alcohol poisoning symptoms occur days after
- What are the symptoms of poisoning from paint thinner fumes?
- How long do the symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning take to go away?
- Food poisoning gas
- For how long does alcohol poisoning last