Doctor insights on:
Just Wondering Exactly What Is Electrolysis And Is It Safe To Do
Safe: Usually we use it to burn off small blood vessel growth called "spide nevus". It's a low-voltage electric equipment. We also use it to permanently remove hair at axillae(armpits). It is safe in derm's hands. ...Read more
I recently heard about electrolysis for permanent hair removal. Why is laser hair removal so much more popular then electrolysis? Is it safe?
Laser is better: Electrolysis hair removal was the standard before lasers revolutionized the field of permanent hair removal. Now, nothing is permanent and 100% in medicine, but there's permanent hair reduction. While electrolysis treats each hair bulb at a time, laser can treat a lot of hairs instantly at the same time.A bikini area can be lasered in 10 min. Lasers do not work for white, red and light blond hair. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I am on warfarin, 7.5 mg for a recently diagnosed DVT. I get electrolysis on my eyebrows. Is it safe to continue with my appointments?
Contagious: You are the most contagious within the first 5 days of symptom onset. ...Read more
The next day!: To be sure you're going to drive safely, just wait until the next day. No one ever lives with the regret of doing the right thing. Don't find out you shouldn't have driven by causing an accident! ...Read more
Dangerous practice: Tight lacing (also called waist training or corset training) can cause shortness of breath, fainting, indigestion. This practice can decrease lung volume (requiring intercostal breathing). Relatively less use of lower lungs can leading to coughing. Some corset styles can push the lower ribs inward. The liver is forced upward & accessory lobes of the liver may form. Stomach volume is reduced & > ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Safe is relative: Sperm are hardy little devels. I have had women get pregnat with condoms, birth controll pills, diaphragms and spermacidal cream. I have had one lady with a tubal tigation. Most fertile time is around ovulation which is normally about mid cycle. So if you stay away from mid-cycle you may be 'safe'. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it safe to use hcg drops and what are some side effects of it?
- Is it safe to do long strenuous hikes and weight training if i have copd?
- What is it not safe to do during pregnancy?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is gastroparesis and what does it have to do with diabetes?
- Is it safe to take aleve and tylenol together?
- The toe next to my big to is red swollen and painful to touch what do i do
- Is it safe to cook raw meat and vegetables together in the same pan?
- Talk to a dermatologist online