Doctor insights on:
Just Swallowed Some Sellotape Will It Harm
There was some white spirit in a water bottle which I accidentally took a mouthful but spit it although some did pass. What should I do? Is it harmful
Should be fine...: You didn't have much of an exposure and it's toxicity is fairly low. It's mostly an irritant. It's more dangerous if you aspirated it into your lungs. Just watch for now. ...Read more
Can ajax harm an unborn baby I ate a sandwich that tasted like it . I just want to know just in case I did eat some on my sandwich from the store?
May have gotten a little bit of dish soap in my soup should I throw it out or will be OK not sure that I rinsed the spoon enough used for stirring?
A speck or a lot?: If thyis is a matter of a tiny amount of soap on a spoon I would not worry; however, if a significant amount of liquid or powdered soap drips or granules, fell into the soup-dump it1 ...Read more
I put some 500mgTylenol caplets in the refrigerator(totally covered with a plastic bag).Is it safe to take them? Will they be contaminated or spoiled?
Can you use dog liquid tartar removal as mouthwash for a human? I imagine if it won't kill a dog it should be ok.
I swallowed a tiny piece of plastic from a pen by mistake because, it may have been sharp as it broke off, will this do me harm?
Hi I'm pregnant and use red lipstick I read that it has tatanium dioxide if I accidentally ingested a small amount lip stick will it still harm baby?
I use listerene mouth with special whitening stuff in it. I accidently awallowed some today while rinsing. Will i be ok?
7yr old put water in almost empty hand sanitizer bottle and drank it. What should I do? Will it harm her? Help
Call poison control: need to go to EDGet a more detailed answer ›
Was wondering I touched a little bit of lead wile cleaning they say it harms unborn baby when in contact with lead will my unborn be ok it wasint alot?
Don't worry: Lead is a danger when it's absorbed by the body. If you are handling lead regularly, and then eating with unwashed hands, that might be a concern. Or if you live in a home with lots of old lead-based paint, which gets mixed into the dust of the home, and eat with unwashed hands so that dust gets ingested, that would be a problem. Briefly touching a lead object is not a concern. ...Read more
Is it ever okay for children to use mouthwash? I've heard conflicting things about children using mouthwash because they might get too much fluoride. Is this true? Is there even any point in using mouthwash that doesn't have fluoride in it?
The : The effects of mouth washes are, very, very minimal. Brushing and flossing are far more important. Worry about your child brushing and foisting properly. Most children up to age 7 or so cannot properly manipulate their mouths for proper rinsing. They just end up swallowing the stuff. Spend the time on brushing and flossing and if that is perfect, then you can rinse, or not. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
I cannot swallow pills as I'm afraid. I crush them or dissolve it in water before consuming it. So I would like to know if abortion pills will be effective in the same way if I crush it or dissolve it in water. ?
Pharmacist: Your pharmacist is best qualified to answer this question. ...Read more
The 1 mg melatonin bottle says to let it dissolve under my tongue, what will happen if i just swallow it with water? Seems like it would be easier
Different absorption: Under your tongue allows direct uptake of the melatonin by absorption into your blood stream. If you swallow it, stomach acid may destroy the benefit or prevent intended absorption of the hormone from taking place. It depends on the way it is packaged so it is probably best to follow the directions on the bottle. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Nothing: As long as you are not allergic, it won't do any harm. ...Read more
I swallowed the plastic coating of black pudding.I swallowed quite an amount. Google black pudding if you do not know what it is.Will I be ok?
Likely yes: I'm not sure by what you mean "quite an amount". Normally the plastic would be eliminated in your stool. It's not likely to be digested. Unless you ate a huge amount wouldn't think you would have a problem with obstruction of the bowel. Toxicity from the plastic likely minimal. If no abdominal pain or other difficulty it should pass normally in your stool ...Read more
Is it okay to rub a little bit of Benadryl (diphenhydramine) on a babies gums while teething will it help. She's 10&1/2 months?
Not helpful: Benadryl is an anti-histamine and won't really do anything to relieve teething pain, because histamine release is not involved in that process. Massage with cool wash cloth (wet one, throw it in refrigerator for 10 minutes) and then use to massage gums. If baby really in a lot of discomfort, it is totally ok to use a dose of tylenol (acetaminophen) or Ibuprofen now and then. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Child accidentally swallowed some neosporin
- I just swallowed a seed and am pregnant is that bad
- What are some healthy coping mechanisms to replace self harming?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Im pregnant and swallowed an orange seed i just wanna knw is that bad
- Do you have to have a catheter with every kind of surgery or just some?
- Are all ocp bills just as safe or are some safer than others?
- Why do some people have so much difficulty swallowing pills?
- No pain just hard to swallow