Doctor insights on:
Ive Seem To Pull A Muscle What Can I Do To Treat This
RICE: For an acute muscle strain, i recommend rice: rest, ice, compression, and elevation. Do no strenuous activity (even no excessive stretching) for a couple days and ease the muscle back to daily use. Ice pack or ice massage during the first 48 hours: 10-15 min each hour while awake. Gently wrap the muscle (ace bandage or compression sleeve). Elevate the limb to decrease swelling. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
It is a body tissue that has the ability to contract. It shortens and generates force. It relaxes and returns to its original length. Muscles move joints, stabilize the body, move air and food through the organs, act as valves for bladder, bowel and other organs. They control movement of the eyes. They help us express ourselves by changing the shape of our ...Read more
Is it possible to pull a muscle in your neck, around where you would check for pulse, by yawning, and how should it be treated?
A cremaster muscle strain takes long time to heal?Is it felt in groin?Ive pulled something i know but what's it neither doc/physical exam/usg reveals.
Other option: A sprain/strain is when a ligament/tendon is injured by overstretching. There may be minimal or quite a bit of damage to it. Inflammation (redness, warmth, tenderness, and swelling) occurs as a natural healing process. The key is minimize further damage while keeping the area flexible/mobile. Ice massage (24-36 hours), elevation, gentle rom, motrin/advil are the keys to maximize healing. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
A Strain: Or a pulled muscle is tears within muscle fibers caused by muscle that is stretched too far. ...Read more
Leave it alone: Resting the muscle help it heal faster. ...Read more
Yes: And depending on how much discomfort, and how long this has gone on, you should see a doctor. ...Read more
I heard that its not good for you to stretch before working out because it could pull a muscle but people also I should stretch anyway. Im confused.
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- I have no insurance or money to see a doctor what can i do to treat bad joints
- I am having a lot of pain in my face what can i do to relieve this pain
- What can i do to treat a uti at home?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- I slammed my finger in a door what can i do to save my nail will it regrow fast
- What can i do to get rid of pain and swelling after getting a lip piercing?
- I think my hand rash is due to a fungal infection what can i do
- What can i do for my cut on the eyelid without going to a doctor?
- I have a hard time ejaculating what can i do to help this happen