Doctor insights on:
It Is Safe To Take Docusate Everyday
I am taking stool softener, (docusate sodium) 2 a day it is really helping me. Is it safe to take it for a long time, or there is alternatives?
Constipation: Long term laxatives are not great for the bowels. If possible add magnesium 250mg once per day to your routine and that may help increase absorption into the gut and help you taper off the laxatives. Also don't forget to drink a lot of water to soften the bowels and fiber to keep things moving. ...Read more
Im 6 weeks pregnant & have bad constipation&am very bloated. Its bad. I have docusate sodium 100mg & was wondering if it was safe to take 6 instead of 1-3?
Follow the label: For now, follow the label on the docusate. Next, go see your OB doctor and ask what to do - it's going to be a long 9.5 months! make sure you are eating very healthy foods - avoid fast food, processed foods (like cheetos, frozen dinners, etc.). Eat lots of fresh veggies. Don't drink pop or fruit juice (stick to water and milk). Avoid rice and applesauce (both will constipate). Add prunes! ...Read more
Is it safe to take stool softeners (1 sodium docusate 100mg) daily to deal with constipation from Zofran? I'm awaiting diagnosis for chronic nausea.
Safe: You can take stool softeners daily if needed. ...Read more
Honestly, in act. practice, how harmful is it to take docusate sodium everyday? It's supposed to be fairly gentle, but electrol. imbal. warnings...
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it safe to take 100mg of docusate sodium daily for chronic constipation?
- Is it safe to take 5 hour energy everyday?
- Is it safe to take water pills everyday?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it safe to take a multivitamin supplement and a calcium supplement everyday?
- Is it safe to take psyllium husk everyday?
- Is it safe to take stool softener everyday?
- Is it safe to take celestamine everyday?
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online