Doctor insights on:
It Is Normal For My Leg To Hurt At The Site Of My Insulin Injection
Why 2hours after insulin injection blood sugar still high?She doesn't want to eat, 80yrs old now, overseas, develop ulcers, now have fever, weak legs.
Why am i having a behive effect at the site of my insulin injection? Lots of burning and insulin doesn't absorb into skin
Lipodystrophy: This is a lump in the skin that forms when you keep on injecting in the same spot. One of the problem with this is the rejection of the injected medication. One thing you can do is rotate the injection sites around the belly button. Avoid injecting in the same area. Use different needle sizes... ...Read more
Which reaction: Is this lipoatrophy or lipohypertrophy? Are you referring to redness or puffiness at the injection site? ...Read more
No cures: These are treatments you are referring to. ...Read more
You can do better: Your Insulin is outdated. Unless you are in excellent control, or there is a reason not be be in tighter control, ask you doctor to change you to a better, more modern, more effective Insulin regimen. See if other oral therapies would help. Work on diet, exercise, weight loss, monitoring, prevention. See an endocrinologist instead of just your pcp. ...Read more
No big deal: This is actually not uncommon and it could happen to anyone. The simple answer is nothing major will happen to you if you do this. You most likely will have a small bruise. The Insulin also could "peak" quicker than before so it might be prudent to check your blood sugar more on the day that this happen. We give Insulin through the iv's quite frequently to treat hyperglycemia in the hospital. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Insulin injection sites
- My lovenox injection sites continue to ache is this normal
- Is it normal to have a large bump on the site of the allergy injection?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Injection sites for intramuscular injections
- After having a shot is it normal to have a knot under the injection site
- My hands and legs hurt when they are exposed to cold temperatures is this normal
- Is it normal for my ovaries to hurt?
- Talk to a diabetes specialist online for free