Doctor insights on:
Is Whooping Cough And The Croup The Same Diphtheria Virus Just Different Names
Diphtheria is a potentially fatal, contagious disease that usually involves the nose, throat, and air passages, but may also infect the skin. Its most striking feature is the formation of a grayish membrane covering the tonsils and upper part of the throat. This is a preventable disease by vaccination. It is ...Read more
No: They are two different infections that can affect the respiratory system. Croup is typically a viral infection in children under 6 yeas of age. Whooping cough also know as pertussis is caused by a bacteria. Early treatment with antibiotics can limit its effects. Vaccination of children and adults is the best protection for whooping cough. ...Read more
He could have whooping cough, asthma, chronic cough, allergies, croup. I am so confused. How do I tell the difference?
See a doctor: Your doctor's job is to make the proper diagnosis, don't wreck your brain with it. ...Read more
My son is 13 months, he has had his flu and dtap vaccine...Is it still possible for him to have what sounds like whooping cough or is it croup?
Both possible: The vaccine provides good but not total protection from pertussis.If you are in an area where it has been found in the day care centers it is worth testing.The vaccine protects your kid from a severe case.The wc produces a continuous cough like a machine gun followed by a deep whoop (late in the illness).Croup seldom has more than 1-3 coughs before sounding like a seal bark. See your doc for eval. ...Read more
Croup is a description of variety on upper respiratory tract condition in children, including laryngitis, laryngotracheitis, laryngotracheobronchitis, bacterial tracheitis or spasmodic croup. Common symptoms are: cough, inspiratory stridor, hoarseness, barking cough, sore ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Are whooping cough and the croup caused by the same virus or bacteria?
- What is the difference between the croup and a bad cough?
- Is emphysima and copd the same lung disease or are they different?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it safe to cook raw meat and vegetables together in the same pan?
- I feel bloated and hungry at the same time is this normal
- What is the difference between herpes zoster and varicella zoster virus?
- What is causing my elbow and knee pain at the same time?
- Talk to a pediatrician online