Doctor insights on:
Is Wheat Germ As Good As Oatmeal To Lower Cholesterol
No real %: Very low level of benefit. ...Read more
Yes, minimally: Serum cholesterol is in large part a function of your genetics and your body composition. Certain foods or avoiding certain foods can lower your cholesterol up to a few percentage points. OTOH, some people could eat salads 3 meals a day and still have high cholesterol. Maintain healthy weight and exercise. If chol is elevated follow Dr's advice. Thanks for trusting HealthTap! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Trap: Oatmeal is a fiber rich grain that is able to trap some fat from the gastrointestinal tract and therefore prevent its absorption leading to decrease in cholesterol. It works like a broom to propel junk out. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
How to get my bowls regular after taking Dulcolax would it be a good or bad idea to eat oatmeal for dinner also is peanut butter on wheat bread okay?
individual: Bowel habits are specific to an individual and should not be manipulated to meet some definition of 'normal'. It is a function of diet including fluids and activity level provided all else is equal. Sounds like you are trying to manipulate a prior manipulation. Just go back to your prior diet and activity level. Things should follow along. ...Read more
Is oatmeal/fruit-breakfast, chickenbreast sandwich/veggies on whole wheat-lunch, and salmon/chicken and veggies sweet potatoe-dinner a good plan?
Reasonable but...: Sounds good overall but advise more protein at breakfast- add walnuts/pecans to oatmeal or have organic eggs sometimes. Advise organic chicken- if not, it's fed gmo feed which may prove hazardous-see http://www.Psrast.Org/ advise wild salmon as farmed has more toxins. Have veggies of all colors & include salads. See http://www.Drfuhrman.Com/library/foodpyramid.Aspx#.Uoobbrymbr2 and see comment:. ...Read more
Is it okay if I eat oatmeal for breakfast to help with cholesterol levels but want to try a grain free diet?
Oatmeal=myth: Oatmeal doesn't have a magic effect on cholesterol. It only lowers cholesterol to the extent that you eat it in preference to less healthy foods. If you eat a vegetarian type of diet with lots of fruit and vegetables and little or no grain, you will have an even lower cholesterol. ...Read more
- HealthTap gives you access to top U.S. certified doctors
- Our doctors are checked, verified and board certified
- Get personalized help and answers directly from the doctor
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- As a recovering alcoholic is it a good idea to date a drinker
- I used to read before bed now i play with ipad is that as good for relaxing
- Is psyllium husk good to use as a fiber?
- Is smart balance spread good to lower cholesterol?
- Is popcorn good fiber to lower cholesterol?
- Is walking in the water as a good exercise to improve my condition generally?
- What is a good diet to lower cholesterol?
- Is oatmeal good for lowering cholesterol?
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free