Doctor insights on:
Is Turner Syndrome Inherited From The Mom Or The Dad
Turner Syndrome: Turner syndrome occurs when there is one x chromosome missing.Boys get y chromosome from the fatther and x from mother, girls get x from the father and x from the mother.In turner syndrome there is complete absence of one x chromosome, it can be because of error in fathers sperm, or an error in mothers egg.So it can be from fathers sperm or mother egg, resulting in all cells in body with only one x ch. ...Read more
Detection/support: At diagnosis, there are tests that need to be done to look for hidden problems in the heart and blood vessels. Most then need normal care in early childhood until they get close to expected puberty. Referral to a pediatric endocrinologist (hormone doc) will assist their short height and transition into female development. Counseling with a geneticist when she becomes older can help her understand ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Turners Syndrome: Turner syndrome is caused in females when there is absence of one xchromosime, the girls are born with one x chromosome and the features are.Short stature, broad chest, low hairline, low set ears and webbed neck.There is non functioning ovaries and they do not get menstruation.They are more prone to congenital heartdisease, hypothyriodism, diabetes and few other conditions. ...Read more
45 X/0 Pattern: At conception, one half of a set of 46 (23pairs) chromosomes (cms) is brought from egg & sperm.If the combination is missing one x of the sex cms, a girl is born with 45 instead of 46 cms.The loss can affect every cell in the body, resulting in a variety of heart, kidney, brain or other problems. It also may cause no specific problem & not be noticed until late childhood.Supportive care is needed ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Turner syndrome: Symptoms and features of turner syndrome: thick neck, wide chest with distant nipples, osteoporosis, short stature, higher risk of diabetes, osteoporosis, heart murmur secondary to heart disease, arms turning outwards at the elbows, not having periods during pubertal age, learning disability. ...Read more
Genetic testing: for any suspected condition should be performed as soon as possible, even from birth. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does the dad or the mom carry the height gene for a daughter?
- Is there a way to get rid of the smell from your fart or your burp?
- Is restless legs syndrome a muscle disorder or a problem of the nervous system?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the best treatment for yellow or green drainage from the nose?
- Is there an over-the-counter treatment for bartholin abscess or cyst?
- Is it bettet to take citalopram in the morning or at night?
- Is my acne caused by bacterial or fungal infection in the pores?
- Talk to a pediatrician online