Doctor insights on:
Is Trileptal Better Than Lyrica And Neurontin For Face Pain
Pregabalin is indicated to treat diabetic nerve pain, fibromyalgia, complex partial seizures, spinal cord injury pain, but also is used to treat trigeminal neuralgia and post-herpetic neuralgia. Psychiatric problems may also be handled with this medicine. Has no significant drug-drug interactions, but may cause drowsiness, dizziness, weight ...Read more
Are there studies that demonstrate that lyrica controls seizures better than neurontin? References?
Are opiates ok for chronic pain ?. I've tried Neurontin, Lyrica etc but they dont help. Seeing a pain specialist Friday. : )
What is a good pain reliever for nerve pain? I've tried cymbalta, lyrica, and neurontin. Nothing has worked. I have tn too, and im losing hope.
Additional Rx: Effexor, tricyclic antidepressants, ssnri's, local Lidoderm patch, a Butrans patch, all have some chance of success. However, if you possess an underlying small fibre neuropathy, or a large fibre neuropathy caused by autoimmune mechanisms, infusions of ivig may be amazingly helpful. Lastly, a medical food metanx is also of value. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Taking 100 lyrica for peripheral nerve pain. Heartburn really bad. Ok to keep glugging antiacid? Neurontin did same.
No. call doctor: Neurontin is indeed an excellent treatment for peripheral nerve pain. In my practice, it does not cause heartburn. You need to get that checked out promptly. You may have an ulcer, which could worsen. Taking antacids without medical supervision could cause its own set of complications, including decreased absorption of medications. Call your treating physician and get checked. ...Read more
I have severe neuropathy pain as a result of radiation & chemo for colorectal cancer Stage IIIB. Taking Neurontin. Tried Lyrica. Nothing is helping.
Cost and absorption: Gabapentin (neurontin) and Pregabalin (lyrica) are structurally similar and have similar effects pharmacologically. Pregabalin is absorbed better and is more potent in some studies, however it is also quite a bit more expensive since it is not available as a generic. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is neurontin better than advil for nerve pain?
- Is naproxen better than hydrocodone for some types of pain?
- Is there a more effective medication than lyrica for fibromyalgia pain?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why is neurontin usually given for nerve pain and not bruises or other injuries?
- Is methadone better than oxycodone for chronic pain relief?
- Is elavil better than tegretol for low back pain?
- Tylenol is better than acetamenophen for pain killer
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free