Doctor insights on:
Is Tracheitis Contagious
Like a cold or flu: Like a cold of flu, one should expect a viral tracheitis or viral laryngitis to be contagious from a couple of days before the start of symptoms through 5-10 days of symptoms. The period of contagiousness in one individual person is unpredictable, so if somebody needs to be extra safe, then he should stay away from the sick person until a couple of days after all symptoms are gone. ...Read more
Infection of trachea: usually, antibiotics are requiredGet a more detailed answer ›
I'm recovering from laryngo tracheitis and after 7day course of treatment I still can't stop coughing. Can this be an alergie?
Follow up visit: It is common to continue to cough for weeks. I would advise a follow up to include lung function tests and evaluation for reflux. A brief course of steroids can be used to relieve the inflammation. A virtual appt may be booked online: Healthtap.com/dosanjhMD Code: ncyhpz ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why is smiling contagious?
- How long is flu contagious after tamiflu?
- How long is flu contagious after fever breaks?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long is ringworm contagious after treatment?
- Is bronchial pneumonia contagious?
- Is upper respiratory infection contagious?
- How long is hand foot and mouth disease contagious?
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online