Doctor insights on:
Is There Way To Specify What Gender I Want My Child To Be
Gender: The short answer is no. There are some very high tech interventions, that are used in situations where the chance of passing a gender specific disease on to a child. However, there are a ton of old wives tales out there, about how to do this. It's not going to hurt anything to try them. Who knows?See 1 more doctor answer
How accurate are 12 week ultrasounds with gender? They were incorrect with my last child so just want to know if they are most likely wrong again?
Not very accurate: The accuracy will vary depending on the experience of the sonographer and the ability to locate the genital area on ultrasound. In one study: at 12 weeks, when the genital area was successfully visualized, gender identification was correct 92% of the time. At 13 weeks it was correct 98% of the time. **In this study a very experienced physician, not a technician, did the studies.See 2 more doctor answers
Iheard about choosing gender of child before conception by some food supp. N drugs in states.Is it true?Wat is it
Odd wording: Ultrasound machines can detect features that express gender as early as 16 weeks, while many don't like to commit to it's findings until 20 wks. The success in this endeavor requires that baby cooperate and show the genitals.See 1 more doctor answer
No: Gender is set on the day of conception. On rare occasions, if mom has medical conditions that produce certain hormones, it can affect the way a baby girl's genitalia look to make them look somewhat male, but she is still genetically a female. More likely if they said you were having one sex or the other, they made a mistake when looking at your ultrasound.
If you are asking: if two identical twins, say both are women giving birth at the same time, have a higher chance of having the same gender for their babies, then the answer is no. The probability is 50% for 1 twin mother and 50% for the other twin mother delivering both a boy, 0.5 x 0.5 = 0.25 or 25%, but adding to the same probability for a girl. So 25% both girls + 25% both boys = 50%.See 1 more doctor answer
What really determines the gender of your unborn child? Does it have anything to do with what your parents or grandparents had?
Gender: It is determined by which sperm fertilizes the egg.
Besides an ultrasound, are there any other relatively accurate ways to predict the gender of my child? I am currently 11wks pregnant
If parent doesn't want to know gender of child will doctor reveal that information to grandparents.
Hopefully not: Unless there is a genetic or other defect that only affects one sex, there is no need to know the sex of a baby fetus. It can be exciting and suspenseful, not knowing the baby's sex until the birth. Remember that prenatal ultrasounds were only started in the 1960's. For thousands of years, a baby's sex has been a wonderful surprise at birth!See 1 more doctor answer
Ultrasound by 18 wks: If you can't waite until the birth, you may be lucky enough to see it during a routine ultrasound, often done around 18-20 wks. It is not a 100% that the ultrasound tech person can tell you during this procedure--baby may not be willing to show. There are places offering 3-d ultrasound with dvd/video recording for a nominal fee. No doctor-order needed. Congrats and good luck.
Choosing gender: No. As I am sure you know, couples have been trying to choose gender for all of history. There is no way to do this. Nature wins on this one.
No: You get what you get!Get a more detailed answer ›
4th month: Around the the 48tj week the gender of the baby can be identified on a sinogram.See 1 more doctor answer
Gender : Nope. Not in any way.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor online
- I want to know the gender of my baby
- I want to change my skin pigmentation is there a way to do so
- I want to have a child but menopause
- Is there a way that i can tell if my child has scabies?
- Is there a way that i can tell if my child has pinworm?
- Want to start my strict regimen today what do i do for food
- What do i do if i want to wean my baby off of formula?
- If i want to grow faster what should i do with my diet nutrition
- I want to know the gender of my unborn baby