Doctor insights on:
Is There Something You Can Do For The Terrible Cough Associated With Emphysema
COPD may include chronic bronchitis, emphysema, or both. Chronic bronchitis is the production of increased mucus caused by inflammation. Bronchitis is considered chronic if you cough and produce excess mucus most days for three months in a year, two years in a row. Emphysema is a disease that damages the air sacs and/or the smallest breathing tubes in the lungs. ...Read more
See below: Treat your emphysema the best way that your doctor suggests. Quit smoking if you haven't done so already. Avoid respiratory irritants such as smoke, dust, fumes, strong smells including perfume and fresh flowers and fast changes in temperature. Look for other causes of cough with your doctor. If everything else is eliminated, get stronger cough medicine. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I've had emphysema for 14 yrs and my pulmo used to readily prescribe antibiotics & cough meds when I was sick. My new dr won't prescribe either...why?
Different style: I agree with your pulmonologist.Get a more detailed answer ›
I have COPD emphysema i cough up thick greenish sometimes clear mucus but always with brown flecks in it what is it n is it normal?
COPD: is an obstructive airway disease. there is air trapping and your lungs cannot express mucus as well as normal lungs. Mucus production, ( even with different colors) is not abnormal. If you start having fevers or chills or increased Shortness of breath, see your doctor. Try your best to stop smoking altogether. ...Read more
Ten years ago, my Dr would readily prescribe antibiotics and cough medicine when I was sick, since I have emphysema.Why won't they now?
Emphysema is also known as COPD. Emphysema is a lung disease caused by destruction of lung tissue--specifically the alveoli, which are the smallest sac-like units of the lung responsible for oxygen exchange. It is characterized by shortness of breath, an expanded chest, and possible signs of low oxygen in the body such as bluish ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is there anything you can do for flat feet in dancer?
- Is there anything you can do for flat feet besides orthotics?
- Is there anything i can do for the swelling in my toe due to psoriatic arthritis?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What can you do for someone who is choking on a glass of water?
- My 2 year old has a terrible cough what can i give her that is over-the-counter
- What can i do to reduce the redness associated with keratosis pilaris?
- What is the best treatment for productive cough with thick mucus?
- Talk to a pulmonologist online for free