Doctor insights on:
Is There Something That Mimics The Feelings That Endorphins Give
Neurons damaged?Weakness loss of emotions/feelings no energy no electricity in my body no adrenaline cognitive functions so slow no endorphins
Is it possible to create endorphins and then give them to humans or animals, either for medical or research purposes?
Not Really: Endorphins are compounds that are produced in the body and work on opioid receptors; it is pretty much impossible to extract them from the body so that they could be given to another person or an animal; of course, there are many synthetic opioids that work on the different opioid receptors that can be given externally; ...Read more
When chocolate gives you chemicals like endorphins and dopamine, does that work through your tastebuds, or does it give you the chemicals internally?
Neither: Our bodies (& especially our brains) aren't 4-cylinder Chevys. NOTHING in nature is that simple. Most of taste is actually smell. We don't taste chocolate, we smell it. Smell is our most ancient sense & the least well understood. Chocolate doesn't "give" us chemicals; the smell & ingested chemicals stimulate the brain to produce them. Brain research may be your calling. Think about it. ...Read more
Endorphin shock can someone explain to me the symptoms of this and what it truly means how does it happen?
Some relief with act: Very complex question and hard to answer. The body has endorphins or endogenous morphines released by the pituitary gland in the brain and act as neurotransmitters in our bodies. These can be release from the brain with exercise, excitement, pain, eating spicy food, and sexual activity. These can cause the endorphin shock. There is still some discussion on this and is complex but short reply ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Endorphins: Endorphins are among the brain chemicals known as neurotransmitters, which function to transmit electrical signals within the nervous system. At least 20 types of endorphins have been demonstrated in humans. Endorphins can be found in the pituitary gland, in other parts of the brain, or distributed throughout the nervous system. ...Read more
Endorphins: If you are already endorphin depleted.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is there an over-the-counter medication that is similar to antabuse?
- Is there one nostril that leads to the brain and one that leads to the body?
- Is there a name of the organism that causes meningococcal disease?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is there a way that i can get a bug bite puffiness to go away on the eye?
- Is a sebaceous cyst painful is it something that just stays there forever?
- Is there an over-the-counter cough syrup that my almost 8 month old baby can take?
- Is there a surgical cure for lung cancer that has spread to the hip?
- Is there something that i can give my child to relieve the pain of teething?