Doctor insights on:
Is There Something I Can Do To Avoid A Prolonged Labor
There are times when it is necessary to help the delivery along using forceps or a vacuum extractor. Forceps resemble two large salad spoons, and the doctor uses them to guide the baby's head out of the birth canal. Vacuum extraction uses a soft plastic cup that is applied to the baby's head and stays in place by suction. There is a handle on the cup that allows the doctor to use this to assist with delivery through the birth canal. The choice between using forceps or a vacuum extractor is usually ...Read more
Do you have to have pitocin when you have prolonged labor? i would like to try avoid chemical inductions due to risk of AFE, I am terrified
Unsure: I have no knowledge of a complementary doctor providing intrapartum obstetric care. The length of the labor is directly related to labor, delivery, and postpartum complications - so a prolonged labor does need to be managed in some manner to expedite a safe delivery, for both mother and baby. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Had spinal fusion, preggo 2yrs after w/ prolonged labor of over 40 hours & pushed 3 hour ending in a c section. Could that have caused my new issues?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is there anything i can do while pregnant to avoid a breech birth?
- My husband has a prostate infection is there anything i can do to help him
- Is there anything i can do when a bug bite turns in to a blister?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is there something i can do to stop my period?
- I think my hand rash is due to a fungal infection what can i do
- Is there anything i can do to help heal my broken foot faster?
- Is there anything i can do to prevent my lazy eye from drifting?
- Talk to a obstetrician and gynecologist online