Doctor insights on:
Is There Some Poison Released In The Body When A Spleen Bursts
Splenic rupture: The spleen is normally fist sized but it can swell to several times that size, unlike other organs which typically do not swell to this degree. The spleen acts as a filter, swelling is a normal response to certain disease states. The capsule or encasement of the spleen becomes very fragile in its swollen state, picture an over inflated water balloon. A sudden impact may cause rupture. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I know if something happened to my spleen while being enlarged, it could burst and i'll bleed to death?
Possible but rare: An enlarged (or even normal) spleen may rupture due to direct trauma. In very rare circumstances a diseased spleen may rupture without significant trauma. Getting treated for the cause of the splenic enlargement should help to reduce the risk of this rare complication. ...Read more
Will an enlarged spleen burst during operation (due to mylofibrosis) its all the way to belly button now?
It should not: And the bigger the spleen the more challenging the surgery. ...Read more
Don't!: The blisters are your body's reaction and they don't contain any poison or toxin. Bursting them will simply increase the risk of infection and probably cause more pain. ...Read more
Had manual evac 10.5 yrs ago as placenta burst in childbirth. Then got blood poisoning, some left in, further d&c. Now cannot get pregnant. Connected?
Possibly: It may be connected or simply a coincidence. Further testing by your doctor will be able to give you more information. There could have been some scarring, it could be age related, it may be other health issues. Until you see your doctor, you won't know for sure. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the role of sweat glands in balancing body temperature when running a marathon?
- Is there a natural way to get rid of fluid in the body?
- What is the best thing to eat when there is a lot of acid in the stomach?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why is there a sharp pain in my stomach when i yawn?
- What is wrong when your period has a clear stringy discharge in the blood?
- Pelvic pain feeling like a pulling in pelvis is there some muscle in there
- Where is your bladder located in the body of a pregnant women
- Talk to a hepatologist online for free