Doctor insights on:
Is There Anything Recommended For Life Long Lymphedema In The Legs
Swelling is an enemy: Lymphedema has several causes. The swelling is bothersome, makes your legs heavy. Uncontrolled and with time, swelling causes permanent skin damage, skin color change, ulcerations, poor wound healing. Doctors recommend compression devices as first line therapy to control swelling. Ice packs, leg elevation, some interventions, a doctor visit, leg vein ultrasoud might also help control swelling. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Lymphedema treatment: Unfortunately, if you haven't had surgery and/or radiation, there is a very good chance that the cause of your lymphedema will be impossible to determine. If there is a treatable cause, it should be treated. Otherwise, the treatment is manual lymphatic drainage, compression stockings, decongestion exercises, weight loss (if needed), and intermittent pneumatic compression for life. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
What to do if I have had lymphedema in my right leg for about 3 years now but I don't understand why?
Reduce Swelling: Lymphedema is due to increased back pressure in either the lymphatic or venous systems or a combination of both. It can occur in any extremity and most commonly in the legs. The goal of treatment is to reduce the pressure by several modalities-elevation, compression stockings or bandages, lymphedema massage and sequential segmental pumps. Unfortunately, lymphedema is a chronic condition. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is there a cure for nerve pain in the back and legs?
- Is there anything i can do for the swelling in my toe due to psoriatic arthritis?
- How long is the recovery time for bow leg correction?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is there a way to check for blocked arteries in the penis?
- Is there an otc treatment for ringing in the ears?
- Is there a home remedy for trigeminal neuralgia pain in the lower jaw?
- Is there any permanent cure for tendonitis in the forearms and elbow?
- Talk to a dermatologist online