Doctor insights on:
Is There Any Way To Naturally Decrease Intraocular Pressure
Is it possible that succinylcholine drugs(nicotinic depolarizing neuromuscular blocker) decrease intraocular pressure?
Can succinylcholine drugs (nicotinic depolarizing neuromuscular blocker) decrease intraocular pressure? Any answers appreciated!
No.: Succinylcholine actually causes an increase in intraocular pressure for about 10 minutes after administration. Classic teaching was not to use succ in people with open globe injuries. There are situations, though, where using succ with other agents that lower IOP is preferred because it makes intubation more smooth, avoiding hypertension and airway reactivity that is worse for the situation anyway ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Generally no: The normal eye pressure range is 10-21. Anything above this might be elevated but you will not feel that elevation until the value reaches the high 40's or above. This is why pressure should always be taken when you visit your ophthalmologist as the feeling of pressure is not a clue for the patient. ...Read more
Mm Hg: Or torr.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Decreasing high blood pressure
- Is there any way to get eyelashes really long naturally?
- Is there any way to have a facelift naturally without surgery?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is there any way to naturally lower the risk of down syndrome?
- Is there any way to naturally enlarge my penis?
- Reducing intraocular pressure
- Capsaicin intraocular pressure
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free