Doctor insights on:
Is There Any Way To Get Rid Of Stretch Marks
They fade over time: Pregnancy stretch marks, as well as stretch marks from body building or obesity, are lines where the second layer of skin (the dermis, under the surface) has cracked and separated. The stretch marks heal in that position, but their width narrows after the stretched skin area shrinks in size. The lines fade with time, but never go away completely. One can ask a dermatologist for an evaluation. ...Read more
Stretch Marks: It depends on the location of the stretch marks. If they fall below the belly button then they can be removed with a tummy tuck (abdominoplasty). There is no other way to get rid of stretch marks. They are scars from stretching the skin and fracturing the dermis which is a layer of your skin. ...Read more
You can't!: Stretch marks can be improved (usually minimally) by lasers, rf treatments, and other techniques, none of which are (yet) the holy grail of stretch mark removal. Don't waste your money, and don't gain weight. Stretch marks are as much due to hormone changes as to actual "stretch" such as during pregnancy baby growth. That's why non-pregnant and non-fat patients can still get them! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Surgery: No topicals work well.Get a more detailed answer ›
Stretch marks: There is a great list of answers from many doctors on healthtap who have answered this in the past. Here you will see a variety of options and opinions from the many healthtap doctors who have addressed this issue: https://www.Healthtap.Com/#topics/stretch-marks. ...Read more
Stretch Marks: Laser therapies use intense wavelengths of light to stimulate the growth of collagen, elastin or melanin production in your skin. Your doctor can help you determine which type of laser technology is appropriate for you, depending on the age and location of your stretch marks and your skin color. ...Read more
I'm 17. I weighed 185 lbs last 2 years. Now i'm 153 lbs. What is the best way to get rid of stretch marks w/o spending expensively?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is there any way to get rid of suture marks on my hand after surgery?
- Is there a way to get rid of glasses marks on my nose?
- Is there any way to get rid of scars from cellulitis?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- I have very large kidney stones is there any nonsurgical way to get rid of them
- Is there any way to get rid of herpes?
- Im a 19 year old girl is the there any way to get rid of shyness around guys
- What is the best way to get rid of stretch marks on your belly?
- Talk to a dermatologist online