Doctor insights on:
Is There Any Treatment For Cachexia For A Patient On A Feeding Tube
No: A dietician can help here.Get a more detailed answer ›
Parkinson's: In general, parkinson's-afflicted people tend to deteriorate over time. This mainly is a neurological disease, and dementia, as well as deterioration of motor function can become compromised. That being said, i treat a lot of patients with parkinson's disease, and most of them do not need, or have needed feeding tubes. ...Read more
Would the presence of cachexia in a patient who's completed chemo/rad, always suggest active cancer? Is it possible to have even when cancer is gone?
How often do doctors look at tumor necrosis factor in a patients blood when definitively diagnosing someone for cardiac cachexia?
Never heard of it: As a pathologist / lab specialist, let me reassure you. The diagnosis of cardiac cachexia is made on the most valuable of all tests -- the history and physical exam. Labs are useful when, and only when, they detect disease that you'd miss on h;p. Tumor necrosis factors were once called "cachexins" and may or may not have something to do with the curious wasting seen in cancer. ...Read more
Many things: no body use nasal gastric feeding tube now unless it have been used for a very short period of time if it was used they use it on any patient that not capable of eating but his guts is capable of digestion the food good way of nutrition for a patient that could not feed themselves IV fluid has no nutritional values only good for hydration if feeding needed they use now PEG tube ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is there a treatment for babies born with hepatitis c?
- I have tinitus thats ringing in the ear is there a treatment cure for it
- Is there a life insurance for people who are on dialysis?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is there a less toxic alternative to chemotherapy for breast cancer treatment?
- Is there a treatment or cure for neuropathy that uses vitamins or supplements?
- Is there an at home treatment for a fungal infection causing hair loss?
- Is there a sure medical treatment for premature ejaculation?
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online