Doctor insights on:
Is There Any Known Virus That Can Cause Pityriasis Rosea
Pityriasis Rosea is a skin rash that commonly occurs in young adults. It usually lasts 4 to 8 weeks. The rash is often pink, oval-shaped, itchy, and may appear in a Christmas tree-like pattern. The rash begins as one single patch before it begins to appear on the arms, ...Read more
I got pityriasis rosea again after almost 2 years.Why it reoccured? Is it a virus, is it contagious?How to heal it faster?Is it sexually transmitted?
Profession not sure: This is not allergic or bacterial or fungal and is thought but not proven to be viral. It is not sexually transmitted and there is no medication to make it go away faster. A second occurrence is a bit unusual and may be worth consultation with dermatologist. ...Read more
Just diagnosed with pityriasis rosea.I know no known cause but Can I be around others with compromised immune system- heart transplant patients?
Yes: It is not infectious.Get a more detailed answer ›
Pityriasis Rosea: Pityriasis rosea (also known as pityriasis rosea giber) is a skin rash. It is benign but may inflict substantial discomfort in certain cases.Classically, it begins with a single "herald patch" lesion, followed in 1 or 2 weeks by a generalized body rash lasting up to 12 weeks, however usually around 6 - 8. The cause of pityriasis rosea is not certain, but believed to be caused by a virus. ...Read more
A Virus: P rosea is probably caused by a virus (some suggest human herpes virus 7) but does not seem to transmit from one person to another like other viruses. It is somewhat seasonal--more common in the spring ; autumn. Rest, mild cortisone cream for rash--uv light ; sunshine help rash go away more quickly. ...Read more
I was at dermatologist n there said to take azythromicin(sumamed)for pityriasis rosea.I don't know if to take it, will this pill cause b.Vaginitis or so?
EMC not useful here: Erythromycin class of antibiotics are useful in treating rosacea, and other papulosquamous conditions like lichen planus. But pityriasis rosea is a self limited viral infection with typical skin lesions. Antibiotics are not indicated in the treatment of pityriasis rosea. (won't cause vaginosis.). ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is there more than one strain of virus that can cause hiv?
- Is there any std that can make my vagina hurt?
- Is there a multivitamin i can take that will not cause constipation?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Vaginal discharge with foul smell is there any cause that is not an infection
- Is there any home remedies that can be used to regrow hair?
- Is there any way that you can tell if you are pregnant within the first 3 weeks?
- Is there any vegetable or fruit that can help your night vision?
- Talk to a dermatologist online