Doctor insights on:
Is There Any Difference Between Tendonitis And Tendonitis
Clarification: Tendonitis is an inflammation of a tendon, usually due to a strain or over-use injury. Tendinitis is not a condition and i assume a misspelling of tendonitis. However, there is another condition known as tinnitis, which is a "ringing" or "buzzing" sound in the ear, usually due to an acoustic nerve irritation. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
What do you recommned as an alternative to pain medicine for tendinitis? Are there any non-drug remedies for tendonitis pain?
Potentially: There are many foods and supplements with have tremendous antiinflammatory capabilities. You can read about anti-inflammatory diets in general and there are a lot of health benefits to them. Omega 3 is just one of many nutrients that have these capabilities and can be found naturally in fish, flax seed, and also in a variety of supplements. Thank you for your question. ...Read more
Is previous peroneal tendonitis the cause for my rolling my ankle twice in the last 2 months? Didn't have this happen before my tendinitis.
Could be: The body's initial response to injury or inflammation is often to shut down or weaken muscle groups around an injured joint. This makes sense in the first few days but also quickly leads to muscle atrophy and weakness. If you do not strengthen those muscles during your recovery, you will be exposed to reinjury. Persistent pain after ankle sprain could be sign of more significant injury. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Possible causes of iliopsoas tendonitis since 2 years in a 17 year old female? Also recently developed sartorial tendinitis. How?
Basis for diagnosis: There must be a basis for the diagnosis. There are many possible pain generators in the area, including the muscles, nerves, and even nerve roots, causing referred pain. Statistically, tendon pain generator is not the most common one. If your physician cannot explain why (s)he made this specific diagnosis – well, it may not be a correct one... ...Read more
Can hand tendonitis develop out of nowhere? Writer at same job for 3 years, just now developing tendinitis? Never had it before.
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is there any difference between antimicrobial and antiseptic?
- Is there any difference between glumetza er and generic metformin er?
- Is there any difference between pediculosis and scabies?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is there any difference between neurofibromatosis 1 and neurofibromatosis 2?
- Is there any difference between a paraganglioma and a pheochromocytoma?
- Is there any difference between a wheat allergy and celiac disease?
- What difference is there between nasonex and flonase?
- Talk to a rheumatologist online for free