Doctor insights on:
Is There Any Cure For Foot Drop
Depends on cause: If there is an underlying cause, such as a pinched nerve in the back or at the knee, then it should be addressed. Once that is done, additional treatment is supportive, with physical therapy and bracing as necessary to preserve mobility and function. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Initial steps: Would consider MRI of lumbar spines to R/O disc compression of L-5 nerve root, EMG to distinguish compression of sciatic or peroneal nerves, and based upon results perhaps series of blood studies looking for causation. However, involvement of spinal cord or brain, for example Multiple Sclerosis, could also present this way, and MRI imaging would guide the way. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Foot drop
- Dropped on foot broken tingle
- Odstock dropped foot stimulator
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is drop foot curable?
- Tendon transfer for foot drop
- Dropped bone in foot
- What causes drop foot?
- Talk to a physical medicine and rehab specialist online for free