Doctor insights on:
Is There Any Alternative To Wearing Glasses
No: It is more expensive and does not work as well. ...Read more
No: However if you get used to wearing glasses and see better with them, then you'll want to wear them all the time and thus without them your eyes will seem worse (like deterioration). Glasses only correct a refractive error, not change the eyesight. Eyesight changes with a lot of near work without breaks, or with age as the cornea/lens changes, etc. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Not at all: This is an old wives' tale. Your eyes' prescription is a result of their shape and normal changes that occur over time. This built-in shape is not affected by outside sources (except for injury/infection). Glasses correct the prescription that the eye has; they do not alter the eye's shape. As your prescription naturally changes, you will need a stronger prescription, and not the other way around. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No: Glasses are designed to improve the focus of the eye and improve clarity. Sometimes patients who start wearing readers feel that their near focus becomes more difficult and to a certain extent this is true. But eventually, readers become essential whether glasses are used initially or not. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Use them: If they are for distance vision and you see much better, start using them all the time. If they are just for reading, keep them in your pocket or around your neck so that they are readily available when needed. When trying bifocals for the first time, sometimes they take a bit getting used to, especially the progressives lenses (in some people). ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No: You will not become "addicted" to your glasses if you wear them all the time. If you are near-sighted enough to need glasses, it is best to wear them all the time. If you are far-sighted or just need reading glasses, you may be able to wear them occasionally but may notice that you see better if you wear them more consistently. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is there any way to naturally enlarge my penis?
- Is there any way to cover up gray hair in my beard without dye?
- Is there a way to get rid of glasses marks on my nose?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is there any vitamins to increase breast size?
- Is there any way to enlarge youe penis without sugery or pills?
- Is there a good over-the-counter alternative to adipex?
- Is it normal to have double vision often when i am wearing my glasses?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free