Doctor insights on:
Is There An Over The Counter Treatment For Bacterial Viaginosis
No: But after good treatment, the best treatment is excellent hygiene and use of just-in-case small doses of the antibiotic cream used to treat it in the first place...After sex and after a loose bm. The acid level of semen encourages the bacteria to grow, and a source of the infection van be a loose bm hard to get clean from. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Currently none: Candida (fungal) vaginitis can be treated with otc such as vagisil/monistat etc..But there is no otc med available to treat bv, yet. I think that the vaginal suppository form of Flagyl should someday become available otc for treatment of bv. I would suggest consulting your doc for work-up and treatment. Good luck. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No good otc: Gardnerella or bacterial vaginosis is a common vaginal infection cause by over growth of a bad bacteria or death of good bacterial. It can be affected by spermicide, doucheiing (don't do this!), overenthusiastic cleaning or bad luck. It is easilly treated with oral medication or vaginal suppositories prescribed by a doctor but i would not recommend treating it yourself. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Heel Cups, but...: As this is a condition that commonly affects active children, it is always a good idea to have this evaluated by a foot and ankle specialist to ensure that this is the correct diagnosis. Proper stretching should also always be included in a treatment plan. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No, don't skip meds: Addison's disease is serious; represents adrenal failure (lack of glucocorticoids, mineralocorticoids & sex hormones.) without these important hormones you have trouble with glucose metabolism, stress, severe fatigue, sodium & potassium balance, immune response, sexual development, sex drive. It's important to know why the adrenals are not functioning. Meds are prescription & taken for life. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is there an over-the-counter treatment for bacterial dysentery?
- Is there an over-the-counter treatment for bartholin abscess or cyst?
- Is there an over-the-counter treatment for ringworm of scalp?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is there an over-the-counter treatment for muscle spasm?
- Is there an over-the-counter treatment for pelvic inflammatory disease?
- Is there an over-the-counter treatment for delirium tremens?
- Is there an over-the-counter treatment for diffuse esophageal spasm?
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online