Doctor insights on:
Is There An Herb Which Can Be Used As An Antihistamine
Is it bad to take an antihistamine during a cold, i.e. does suppressing mucus make the cold last longer?
No value: Antihistamines have no value in the treatment of viral illnesses. ...Read more
Taking lethal over: Dose would do that. Lethal overdoses of antihistamines are rare. Are you considering taking an overdose of antihistamines? If so, please get help right away. You can use national suicide hotlines 24/7 at 1-800-suicide (1-800-784-2433) or 1-800-273 – talk (1-800-273-8255). If you have accidentally taken too many antihistamines please contact 1-800-222-1222 (poison control hotline). Take care. ...Read more
New generation ones: Antihistamines in general are very safe. New generation products (Zyrtec, Claritin, (loratadine) Allegra, Xyzal) are just as effective with less side effects than older antihistamines (Benadryl, chlorpheniramine, hydroxyzine). However, it would be important to address WHY a person needs to take antihistamines long term? Consult with an allergist to assist in identifying the cause of symptoms. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Which herbs act as a natural antihistamine
- Which herbs can reduce cortisol
- Can be used in mastocytosisalomg with antihistamines and leukotriene modifiers?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Which herbs can help to cure rosacea
- What natural herbs can be used for kidney diseases?
- What is antihistamines used for?
- Natural herbs work antihistamines
- Talk to a dermatologist online