Doctor insights on:
Is There An Alternative Treatment For Essential Thrombocytosis
Educate yourself: If you're actually 32 years old, you're a little young for this diagnosis. Did you get genetic studies? You'll need to learn everything you can about it. Often the best treatment for bona fide essential thrombocythemia is to do nothing. There are medications that are helpful depending on your counts and whether it's giving you any problems. Your life expectancy isn't shortened by it. Keep learning ...Read more
None: No herbal medicines have taken the place of hydrea so far. Perhaps a new agent will show effectiveness in the future, but so far, nothing works as well as hydrea. ET at age 38 is not as dangerous as ET at age 60, but should still be checked by a hematologist, and treatment considered especially if platelet counts are high. ...Read more
I am 52, have essential thrombocytosis, blood platelets over a million. I need a hysterectomy because of large fibroids. What are nonsurgical optiions?
UFE: Uterine fibroid embolization (ufe) is an excellent non-surgical option for treatment of symptomatic fibroids. It is often performed as outpatient and allows women to keep their uterus. This would be much safer than surgery but should be coordinated with an experienced interventional radiologist (ir) and hematologist. There is a transient hypercoagubility with ufe and this needs to be accounted for. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Well-known: "Essential thrombocythemia" is a more familiar synonym. Mayo's is pretty good. It's usually quite mild and manageable. http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/thrombocythemia/basics/definition/con-20034386 ...Read more
What to do if I have essential thrombocytosis. what food should I eat and what's not. I'm on an early stage.?
What do you suggest if I have essential thrombocytosis. What food should I eat and what's not. I'm on an early stage.?
None: The food usually dose not effect thrombocytosis. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is there an alternative treatment for venous leg ulcer?
- Is there an over-the-counter treatment for bartholin abscess or cyst?
- Is there an over-the-counter treatment for ringworm of scalp?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is there an over-the-counter treatment for muscle spasm?
- Is there an otc treatment for ringing in the ears?
- Is there an over-the-counter treatment for pelvic inflammatory disease?
- Is there an over-the-counter treatment for delirium tremens?
- Talk to a hematologist online for free