Doctor insights on:
Is There An Alternative Medicine For Hardening Of The Arteries
There are multiple: There are many alternative choices of medicine for athero. The best and by far both the most effective and safe are the statins. Others including fibrates, Niaspan and others. If you are asking if there are any supplements then no. There are lifestyle things you can do including stop smoking, exercise (40 minutes daily, but gtake your time getting to that point) and eat a mediteranian type diet. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Arteries are a type of blood vessels. We can divide blood vessels into 2 categories. Arteries are high pressure vessels which deliver (red) oxygen + blood out into the body. Veins on the other hand or low pressure vessels which return (dark) oxygent - blood from the body ...Read more
DependsOnWhatYouMean: E.G.Niacin, aka vitamin b3, has a >50 year track record of achieving reductions in atherosclerotic disease progression and events. However, not effective until doses >1, 000 mg/day are routinely taken. I have taken 2, 000/day since 1995 and have many (not all) clients who are very successful with this, as one of many tools/strategies. However, Niacin can easily induce skin flushing, strategy is key. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No: I know you are hoping that the answer would be yes- but, no, there is no proven good alternatve medicine to treat acute leukemia. Acute leukemia is a life threatening disease and would need to be treated as soon as possible. Do not waste your time and delay the treatment. You should see an oncologist and have a detail discussion about get the work-up and treatment as soon as possible. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Irregular Periods: Although supplements and herbal medications have a labeling stating that it is not intended to cure, treat or diagnose a disease, yes, there are multiple alternatives to surgery and traditional medicine to your problem. Causes could be multiple including a hormonal imbalance including thyroid and ovarian conditions, excessive weight gain, fibroids, endometriosis...Etc.... ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Alternative treatments for hardening of the arteries
- Is there an over-the-counter treatment for bartholin abscess or cyst?
- Is there an over the counter bronchodilator for copd?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is there an over-the-counter treatment for muscle spasm?
- Is there a way to check for blocked arteries in the penis?
- Is there an alternative treatment for essential thrombocytosis?
- Is there an otc treatment for ringing in the ears?
- Talk to a holistic medicine practitioner online for free