Doctor insights on:
Is There A Way To Treat And Prevent Eye Strain
Yes: After age 40s, presbyopia starts to set in which is loss of accommodation or focusing to see at near. So for those with a plano or hyperopic farsighted prescription, eye strain starts to happen when looking at small print. Reading glasses help to relieve the strain of accommodation. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Breaks/Glasses: To prevent eye strain, take frequent breaks by looking out a window or far off distance. This relaxes the muscle in the eye that is straining to read the computer. Also, light reading glasses may be needed to help you see clearly and avoid strain. Check with your eye doctor if the strain persists as a pair of computer glasses may be helpful. ...Read more
Depends: Depends on what you are referring to as eye strain. If you are meaning headache and forehead/eye pain due to accommodation, proper glasses should help. If you mean irritated burning eyes, this is most likely due to dry eyes, this can be treated with artificial tears, oral omega-3's, and less concentration activities. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is there a way to treat ocd with just therapy and no medications?
- Is there a way to nip my eye infection before it gets worse and more painful?
- Is there a way to make yourself have amnesia and forget something bad?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is there a way to watch tv without my eyes getting watery and strained?
- Is there a way to get rid of a busted blood vessel in my eye?
- Is there a way to prevent weight gain after a very low calorie diet?
- What is the best paint color to help reduce eye strain and stress in a work area?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free