Doctor insights on:
Is There A Way To Tell If I Have Fractured A Bone In My Hand
Yes: Xray.Get a more detailed answer ›
A fracture is a broken bone. As there is cartilage at the end of many bones at the joint, a fracture may also include a break in the cartilage. Fractures and broken bones are the same thing. It seems that many believe that a "fracture" is a lesser injury or an incomplete break in the bone, but this is not correct. Fractures may be displaced or ...Read more
An x ray: An x ray is the only certain way to know. ...Read more
Typically : An adult takes 6-8 weeks for a bone to heal. Often for a nondisplaced finger fracture after three weeks one can begin range of motion if pain is minimal even tho it is not fully healed. Wrist fractures take longer generally. These are just loose recommendations as treatment needs to be monitored and supervised. ...Read more
Depends: If no pains: Or deformity or any complaints, we can leave it be, and maybe get some pt; if there is deformity we assess how does it affect the function of the hand? Then there is a possibility that in surgery we break the bone and realign it, then fix it. ...Read more
None: Exercises are for muscles. Normal, unbroken bones benefit from exercise in that stressing the bone forces it to constantly remodel itself, thus keeping itself strong. But you have a broken bone, and it needs to heal. That doesn't mean you can't exercise; a physical therapist can give you gentle exercises for the surrounding muscles that will keep them strong while allowing the bone to heal. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Hi, I think I may have fractured my 5th metacarpal bone in my hand. Need help! Not sure if it is or not?
Bone is a living growing tissue made mostly of collagen (protein that provides soft framework) & the mineral calcium phosphate that adds strength & hardens the framework. Two types of bone are found in the body; cortical (dense compact outer layer) & trabecular (makes up inner layer, ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How do i know if i have a hairline fracture in my pinky toe bone?
- Can i have a fracture in my hand and not realize it is actually a fracture?
- How could i know if i have a hairline fracture in my hand?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is there a way to help me wake up in the morning i never hear my alarm?
- How can i tell if my root canal is affecting my body in a negative way?
- Is there a way that i can tell if my child has pinworm?
- Is there a way that i can tell if my child has scabies?
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free