Doctor insights on:
Is There A Way To Prevent Skin Aging
Various: Sun protection is most important- hats/clothing, sunscreens that block uva & uvb, outdoor activities before 10 am & after 4 pm. Don't smoke. Use high quality topical antioxidants. Good nutrition is important. Treatment for early signs of aging include topical retinoids (such as retinol, retin a, renova, others) to reduce sun-damaged pigmentation and stimulate collagen, which minimizes wrinkles. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Sun Protection: One of the most important steps you can do to preserve your skin is sun protection. That includes a good facial moisturizer with broad-spectrum sunscreen that filters out both uva and uvb rays. Over time, these rays can cause wrinkles, brown spots, and even skin cancer. Better yet, if you are planning on a spending a day outdoors, wear a wide-brimmed hat and and sun protective clothing. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
How can i prevent my skin aging and to look younger than my true age? I am 35 years old now?
I've heard vitamin C helps with preventing wrinkles and skin aging. Does this mean topical vitamin C products, or taking vitamin C internally?
Why premature?: Premature means that the damage is already done (such as sun, tobacco, weight gain/loss), and you cannot undo what is already done. But you can stop the bad things and go forward with as little additional age/damage as possible. Avoiding sun, tobacco, and weight gain are the 3 best things to do. Genetics has a big role also, and actually trumps all the above, but cannot be changed either. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is there a way to prevent food from getting stuck in my dental crown?
- Is there a way to prevent weight gain after a very low calorie diet?
- I want to change my skin pigmentation is there a way to do so
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is there a way to prevent my prostate from growing as i get older?
- Is there any way to prevent oily skin?
- Is there a way to treat heart arrhythmias and prevent heart failure?
- Is there a way to prevent my eyes form getting watery?
- Talk to a dermatologist online