Doctor insights on:
Is There A Way For Me To Fix A Gi Bleed At Home
My temps crazy. 95.3 all the way to 98. I have a suspected GI bleed in my stomach, so much pain and im drowsy and lethargic. Doc appt ways away, help?
You should go to ER: With this much pain you should go to the local er. Do not drive yourself. If necessary, call an ambulance. Any significant abdominal pain lasting over four hours requires emergency evaluation. You should not wait.Best wishes.Northwest community hospital should be nearby. ...Read more
Consult physician: Gi bleeding is serious and can be life threatening. Usually have to determine cause of GI bleed by imaging or endoscopy. Upper GI bleeds can be related to ulcers in stomach or duodenum, gastritis, esophagitis, liver disease pancreatitis and cholecystitis. Cure depends on source of bleeding. ...Read more
Many: Throwing up blood (hematemesis), passing blood through the rectum (hematochezia) are the most obvious. Black, tarry stools can be an indication of less dramatic blood loss. Pale skin and general weakness are the symptoms of anemia, which is a low red blood cell count associated with loss of hemoglobin as a result of chronic low grade GI bleed. ...Read more
It depends : Gi bleeds can be located in several different places. They can also be of varied intensity from a trace to severe. All of that factors into the plan. Usually a scope can find the site of the bleed. The speed will determine the treatment after site is known. Treatment could be surgical, endoscopic, laser, or medications. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Shock treatment: The aim of anti-shock treatment is to two fold. One, is to replete the lost volume due to the hemorrhage and the other is stop the source of the bleeding. Doing only one will not resolve the situation. In the hospital blood and/or fluids will be given and treatment plans to stop the cause of the bleed will need to be carried out successfully. Surgery may be required, in some instances, to do so. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is there a way for me to treat my sciatica at home?
- Is there a way to test my hemoglobin level at home?
- I have orthostatic hypotension is there a way for me to ease the symptoms
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is there a way to treat chlamydia at home?
- Is there any way to get a prescription for a adult diapers?
- Is there a way to check for blocked arteries in the penis?
- Is there a home remedy for a rash from an allergic reaction to soap?
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online