Doctor insights on:
Tick Vs. Mosquito Bites
One of my wife's mosquito bites now resembles a target or bulls-eye. Got it last night and she doesn't remember a tick but worried about Lyme disease?
Lyme: Since she had some type of bites, it is possible what she thinks is mosquito bites may possibly be something else. It is important to visit a Dermatologist who may be able to provide you a more accurate diagnosis as there are multiple causes for annular erythemas such as Tinea Corporis, Erythema Annulare Centrifigum, Erythema Gyratum Repens, Erythema (Chronicum) Migrans, Granuloma Annulare, etc. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Got bit by a tick yesterday. Have a small red itchy bump where the tick bit me (like a mosquito bite). Should I go see my doctor about it?
This is difficult: This is hard to do without experience and training. Most insect bites are benign and will appear as red bumps, swollen, warm to the touch but not painful (except for the initial bite). Some bites or stings can be quite worrisome such as black widow or recluse bites (and in the southwest desert - scorpion stings) and some can some a total body allergic reaction. These need to be seen asap. ...Read more
Only some: The obvious answer is that if you have seen or killed the bug itself. You can probably tell whether a spider has bitten you or not since the bite is usually solitary and tends to spread, darken, and get infected over a day or so. On most occasions, it would be the environment where you get the bites which would provide the best clue. ...Read more
Chigger bites often: Have a small red in the center of a welt & occur in areas where skin is tender like the crotch, armpits, beltline, backs of knees, ankles. They are extremely itchy. Chigger bites usually heal on their own within one to two weeks. The itching from a mosquito bite starts right away & usually resolves w/in a few hrs. You may only have 1 mosquito bite or bites can be sporadically located. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the difference between a tick bite and a mosquito bite?
- What is the difference between hives and a tick bite?
- Is there a difference between benadryl and pseudoephedrine?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is there a difference between african sleeping sickness and chagas disease?
- Is there a difference between mitral valve prolapse and mitral regurgitation?
- Is there a difference between prostatitis and prostatorrhea?
- Is there a difference between gerd and gord?
- Talk to a dermatologist online