Doctor insights on:
Is There A Test For Rheumatoid Arthritis
Arthritis is progressive degeneration of one or more joints. Symptoms may include joint pain, swelling, decreased motion, and stiffness. The two most common types of arthritis are osteoarthritis, which is associated first with articular cartilage breakdown with a component of inflammation, and rheumatoid arthritis, which is a systemic autoimmune disorder that affects joint linings first and secondarily ...Read more
Basic two: Rheumatoid factor (rf) and cyclic citrinullated peptide (ccp) are the two tests that help confirm a diagnosis of rheumatoid arthritis. Other tests are done to measure inflammation, determine which drugs may be used, etc. Note: the rf and ccp only help confirm the diagnosis. The presence of an antibody does not definitively make the diagnosis. Also, persons may have RA and be rf and ccp negative. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Possible for large doses of ibuprofen to affect blood test for rheumatoid arthritis/inflammation? My rf factor is in normal range as is ESR test.
Had a bad flare.doc put me on prednisone cause X-ray showed inflamation.waiting on blood test for rheumatoid arthritis.is it norm to still feel bad?
I have negative test results on rheumatoid arthritis but i did a biopsy and its positif is that conclusive?Or it could be a false negative?
Inconclusive: These symptoms need to be directly observed by your doctor for a precise diagnosis. ...Read more
Your doctor : Your test results should be explained to you by the doctor who ordered the tests, he knows the reason the test were ordered and he can explain to you in detail what the interprtation of the test is. ...Read more
See below: There is no specific blood test to diagnose jra. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Aso blood test rheumatoid arthritis
- Rheumatoid arthritis particle agglutination test
- C reactive protein test rheumatoid arthritis
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Will rheumatoid arthritis show up in a blood test
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- What do all the blood test results symbolize rheumatoid arthritis?
- Can you still have rheumatoid arthritis with a negative rheumatoid factor test?
- Talk to a rheumatologist online for free