Doctor insights on:
Is There A Test For Nf
Have nf child, spontanous case, not my or hubby have it, if I do a maternit21 test insted of cvs or amnio...can we stll know if second child has nf too?
If family history: There are prenatal genetic tests for neurofibromatosis. While test results can provide very important information for future parents. Genetic tests available today can be performed only when there is a family history of nf; prenatal tests include chorionic villus sampling can be performed at 10 weeks gestation. Amnioncentesis is performed at 16 weeks. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
NF 1, very briefly: Nf 1, from a gene mutation; on chromisome 17, has highly variable medical & neurodevelopmental manifestations. Nerve tumors form on/under skin, in brain & other areas of nervous system, & other parts of body. Genetics, psychology, development, tumor and vision specialists are some drs. Who help patients with nf. Learning disorders & adhd often occur. www.ctf.org has complete info & resources. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Work with doc: A seizure disorder is worrisome & if related to a structural defect like in nf, it can be a progressive problem. You say you can't take meds ? You may not have been tolerant to those tried before but their are many that could help that you should try before giving up. Work with a neurologist & come up with a workable plan. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
What to do if I have nf type 1 I'm perfectly heathly and no disformities can I join the marines when I turn 18 I'm 16 years ol?
Neurofibromatosis: NF1 is a complex disease and has many manifestations and if you are healthy with no tumors and in particular any growing ones then you are doing well. as for joining the US Marines it is unlikely they will accept you with that diagnosis do to the long term possibilites. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is there a drug test for cigarette smoke?
- Is there a prenatal test for fetal alcohol syndrome?
- Is there a genetic test for hemolytic disease of the newborn?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is there a genetic test that shows who is at risk for osteogenic sarcoma?
- Is there a blood test for rabies in humans?
- Is there a blood test for testing excessive daytime somnolence?
- Is there a diagnostic test available for interstitial cystitis?
- Talk to a dermatologist online