Doctor insights on:
Is There A Prosthetic Foot That Will Allow Me To Wear High Heels
Yes: Yes.Get a more detailed answer ›
Prosthetics replace a part of the body. A prosthesis is the name of the device. For example, a prosthetic leg replaces a lost leg. Artificial legs or arms are common examples. Prosthetic teeth are also common. On occasion the device used for a joint replacement (new knee for example) is referred to as ...Read more
Outgrowth: Anticipate having to replace the prosthesis in a child at least annually up to the age of about 12-14 in girls, 14-16 in boys. The younger the child, the more often the prosthesis will require resizing. This can be quite expensive and so if possible, get a detachable foot plate, which may be used for a couple of boot stump changes. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Depends on Design: There are a number of commecially available prosthetic foot designs. Generally speaking, the ones that are more flexible are considerably more expensive. The low end designs are quite basic, simple foot shaped lasts that have a slight "roll" built in to them. Higher end foot prostheses may have joint movements very similar to a human foot. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I have flat feet that won't allow me to be in heels to long or flip flops without me feeling like i'm walking on concrete, insoles don't work?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you wear high heels with a fractured tibia?
- The arch of my foot hurts when i wear heels
- Why do my high heels wear out on only one side?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- When can i wear high heels after tummy tuck
- Will i be able to wear high heels after a tummy tuck
- Why do i have abdominal pain when i wear high heels?
- Should a woman wear high heels after a total hip replacement
- Talk to a orthopedic reconstructive surgeon online for free