Doctor insights on:
Is There A Plastic Arch Support Available At Stores
I stand at work 8 hours a day, is it more ideal to get insoles with good arch support or good cushioning? Or is it more preferable to have both?
Can a soft shoe such as a canvas sneaker which has an arch support, encourage a little overpronation, especially if already have mild overpronation?
Can you recommend a good arch support to help me with heel spur. One that can be sent to me in afghanistan?
Is a soft shoe such as a canvas sneaker which has an arch support, supportive enough? Stronger material ex. Leather more supportive than canvas?
I think so : And yes. The support at the bottom is more important than the sides but why not have both? ...Read more
A Complicated Issue: It doesn't matter so much as a good fit otherwise, flexibility, durability and maximal cushioning.Addidas has a good pair but it's $180.00.But it also depends on the width of your foot and what you usually run on (asphalt? sidewalk? track?)and how much and how far. As for the arch, you can always buy an arch insert (there's lots on the market).So go for maximal comfort first. Plenty of info online ...Read more
Orthotics.: First you want good supportive shoes. You should not be able to "wring" them or fold them in half. They should only break/bend at the widest part of the shoe. A sturdy athletic shoe (not a minimalist style) will give you good support. If you're looking to beef up the shoes you already have, get a good insert or custom orthotic: you can use them to improve the shoes you already own. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Can a podiatrist recommend a healthy workboot or insole? I need high arch support, a wide toebox and good heel support. I work as a zookeeper. Thanks.
Custom orthotics: It sounds like you have a pes cavus foot type,(high arch) This type of foot requires a deeper shoe and wider toe box. There are no adequate over the counter inserts I know off. You can built up the bottom of the arch support. The best is to obtain a custom orthtotic made from a mold of your foot. This stabilization will decrease the splaying of your forefoot which will decrease toe space. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is there any age sex or ethnicity at a greater risk sickle cell disease?
- Is there a time at which it becomes unhealthy to breast feed by child?
- Is there a reason why i might get kidney stones at the same time every year?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is there a cure available for dislocated eye lenses?
- Is there a cure available for coronary artery disease?
- Is there a genetic test that shows who is at risk for osteogenic sarcoma?
- Is there a way for me to fix a gi bleed at home?
- Is there a way to test my hemoglobin level at home?