Doctor insights on:
Is There A Good Exercise That Helps Syringomyelia
No answer possible: What sort of exercises you can do, whether they will help or make things worse, will be determined by where the cyst is, how badly it impinges on the cord, how large it is, etc.. You need to discuss this with your neurosurgeon. You can not get a good answer from someone who is not familiar with you and your specific condition. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
SYringomyelia: Syringomyelia can be a congential issue or from a post-traumtic injury. The central neuropatic pain can be addressed in a number of ways depending on the nature of the syrinx. It would be best to see a neurosurgeon who specializes in this in order to determine what is the best course of treatment. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Idiopathic: Unfortunately, idiopathic means "unknown cause". While the cause may not have been adequately worked up yet (in which case it may be premature to call it idiopathic), if you have had an extensive workup and very smart people have looked at the studies, then the cause will likely remain a mystery for now. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Yes: A spinal syrinx (hole of fluid within the spinal cord) can be a distant result of a previous spinal cord trauma. But if you do have a spinal cord syrinx, it is important to assure that you do not have several of the causes of syrinx, including chiari malformation, spinal cord tumors, etc. Please see your doctor for full workup (to include spinal mri's with contrast). ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Cavity: A syrinx is a tube. Syringomyelia means a tubelike defect in the spinal cord, usually in the center, filled with fluid. Any segment of spinal cord can be affected. Discontinuous segments can be affected. Most common causes include developmental defects, trauma, chiari malformation, tumor, vascular malformations. Symptoms may range from none to severe sensory and balance issues. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Not really: The standard of care for managing syringomyelia is to decrease pressure effects that could cause the syrinx (spinal cord cyst) to expand. Avoid valsalva (bearing down, holding your breath) and control high blood pressure-- you may take stool softeners or medications for high blood pressure, but ultimately the syrinx may require decompression with a shunt procedure. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is there a breathing exercise that helps weight loss?
- Is there a good diet to help the liver heal if the liver is sick?
- Are there any good herbs or natural supplements that can help a child with adhd?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is there a good diet to help my child recover from bronchopulmonary dysplasia?
- Is there a vitamin that can help reverse prediabetes?
- Is there a particular part of the blood that helps wounds heal?
- Is there a remedy that helps heal a pressure ulcer on the back of a heel?
- Talk to a holistic medicine practitioner online for free